Sunday, February 5, 2017

Big Pharma at the Superbowl

Big Pharma is my friend.

Big Pharma tells me "Do not go gentle into that good night."

Big Pharma steals Dylan Thomas's words.

http://www.phrma.org/press-release/america-s-biopharmaceutical-companies-launch-groundbreaking-multi-year-initiative-heralding-new-era-of-medicine

I find it so offensive to watch an ad about wonderful medical breakthroughs threaded with the words of Dylan Thomas--

Do not go gentle into that good night, 
Old age should burn and rage at close of day; 
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.


--and then to learn at the end that the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) have designed and paid for the ad.

In fact, PhRMA is driving up the cost of medications.

In fact, some of the meds are designed to numb us to suffering while we are in hospice care.

Okay, no one wants suffering, but the meds do enable us to "go gentle into that good night."

Lies, lies, lies on my television screen on Superbowl Sunday.

I will rage against Big Pharma--and when the time comes, I will go gently.








No comments: