Friday, March 10, 2017

Kennedy on Kos

The Daily Kos appears to be where it's at for opponents of the Republican president, Senate, and House.

Yesterday one friend linked me to the Trump-sexual assault posters that appeared on fences in lower Manhattan.  Today another friend, Sharon in Sacramento, linked me to this piece about Rep. Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass) speaking out in Congress against the proposed "replacement" for the Affordable Care Act.

Speaker Paul Ryan had claimed that the new proposal is "an act of mercy" keeping some kind of health care alive.

"It's not an act of mercy," he said.  "It's an act of malice."

“I was struck last night by a comment that I heard made by Speaker Ryan, where he called this repeal bill ‘an act of mercy.’ With all due respect to our speaker, he and I must have read different Scripture,” Kennedy said as the House Energy and Commerce Committee dove into the details of the GOP effort … The one I read calls on us to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to shelter the homeless, and to comfort the sick.”

Thank you to The Daily Kos for this report complete with video.


No comments: