2016 was the worst year ever for children in Syria, reports UNICEF.
Thank you to Rick Gladstone for distilling and sending out this information.
- 652 children were killed by attacks.
- 255 of the above number were killed while in or near their school.
- 850 children were recruited to fight in the civil war in Syria.
- More than 2 million Syrian children are living as refugees.
- 6 million children are now depending on UN humanitarian aid to survive.
465,000 people were killed in six years of fighting in Syria, reports Reuters.
Pray for the next round of negotiations among the warring elements, beginning March 23 in Geneva.
Pray that Bashar al-Assad will be deposed or step down.