Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Post-Mortem



I feel like a spider that has been sprayed with Raid.

My limbs curl in toward my abdomen and I shrink as all the water in my body evaporates.

Yet I refuse to die.  I refuse to succumb to the misogyny and racism and egotism of this creep.

I will move to Calexico, Baja California.  I will drive down there Saturday to see what the town looks like.  

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the reign in heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
  ---Matthew 5:3-4

I don't want to be this kind of blessed.

I feel like the bewildered Germans who voted against Hitler as Der Fuhrer rose to power.

I know how Israel felt as the Roman soldiers galloped in, destroying Jerusalem and the Temple.

As the Preacher said more than two millennia ago, "The race is not to the swift."

I will take a sledgehammer to my television--I refuse to listen to dt's voice and see his face day after day for four years.  

I don't know how to live with a presidency by this asshole.

I grieve for Hillary Rodham Clinton, for all women now and in the past who worked for equality.

Now she joins the ranks of Shirley Chisholm, Margaret Chase Smith, Victoria Woodhull and also Geraldine Ferraro--women who ran for the presidency or vice presidency and were defeated.

Chris Matthews on MSNBC jumped in and began Hillary bashing before midnight.  Rachel Maddow had to cover her emotions and find things to say on air as election eve moved from joy to despair.

Misogyny reigns.  

My beautiful Madame President is not to be--not in her lifetime, not in mine.  She came so close.  She fought so hard.

Shirley Chisholm, Margaret Chase Smith, Victoria Woodhull, Susan B. Anthony, Geraldine Ferraro, and more all grieve.

The iron grip of evil has clamped down.  

No comments: