Monday, August 14, 2017

Weights on my soul, my body, my flesh...



 A young white woman, same age as one of my daughters, died on Saturday.

Her crime? Showing up to counter-protest Neo-Nazi demonstrators.

We now know her name was Heather Heyer.

All day on Sunday I felt so weighed down by the death of Heather.  Tears.  I heard her mother and her friends speak.

She gave her life while protesting a white-supremacist demonstration.

I had made peace with Trump a month or so ago, trying not to hate him--just have compassion for him in his ALZ condition.

But now dt's presence in the world feels like a poisonous cloud that can't be lifted.

I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to get through the remaining months or years of a Trump presidency.

In the Beatitudes, Matthew 5:10, Jesus says:
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake,  for theirs is the reign of God."

Surely Heather now reigns in the glory of God's presence--she gave her life for righteousness sake.

No comments: