Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Not the End of the World

A friend in Santa Monica writes to me, "McCain is now ahead in the polls. If he wins this election, we are truly screwed. We being the USA."

Whoa there--it's not the end of the world if McCain & Palin win.

After all, look who we've had for eight years: Bush and Cheney.

I mean, the worst that can happen has already happened. An election was stolen from the voters, a war of aggression was waged on a nation that had not attacked us, many innocent lives have been lost, our economy has taken a big hit, and our children will be paying for this war for years to come.

We already have been screwed. Nobody--even McCain and Palin--can screw up more than this.

"Anybody but Bush" is still my motto.

Of course, I don't want the right wing to win, but I've already lived through the Richard Nixon & Spiro Agnew Show, which played in what should have been the best years of my life, 1968-73.

I mean really, let's get some perspective on McCain & Palin. At least they would provide the interesting spectacle of a woman VP, and she couldn't be any worse than Cheney or Agnew, even if she became president.

As I watch developments in the remaining weeks prior to November 4, I refuse to go into panic mode.

No comments: