Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A government that does its job?


Can't we just have a government that does its job?


We wouldn't be in such a mess if we had elected Hillary Clinton.
I'm so tired of having to worry about the president blocking Obamacare, pulling back environmental protections, and imprisoning asylum seekers.

I'm so angry that he withdrew the protocols for handling a pandemic and didn't do anything to stop the spread of covid-19.  Tens of thousands more people are dying than would have if any competent adult had been in the White House.

I'm so disappointed that the president can't wear a mask or utter the words "Black lives matter" or make a compassionate, inspiring speech providing leadership on either the corona virus or the systemic racism virus.

I'm sick and tired of listening to MSNBC 12 hours a day to keep track of the president's latest outrageous tweets and lies and claims and to keep track of the latest efforts to get him out of the White House.

I want to get back to my own work, my own life.  

But I need to work hard to make sure he's not re-elected.

I look back to President Obama's eight years and remember how I didn't have to worry.  He made a few mistakes, notably on handling Iran and Russia's aggression in Syria, but they were honest mistakes.  They weren't part of a pattern of lying and cheating to retain his party's power.

Today there are 139 days left until the election on November 3, 2020.

I hope and pray that after that day, all Americans can relax a little bit. 

At ease, folks!   






No comments: