Friday, February 21, 2020

Menacing fog near the Kobe crash site

Near the crash site on Las Virgenes Road

 Today I drove up Malibu Canyon on my way to an event in Simi Valley.  

At 5 pm, I noticed that under the clouds a layer of menacing fog was moving in from the ocean over the Santa Monica Mountains, toward the site where Kobe Bryant's helicopter crashed four weeks ago.  

It was scary and eerie.  I pulled over to take a photo.


Malibu Canyon
As I drove up Las Virgenes Road, I passed the site of the crash, still restricted from traffic by yellow police tape.  

I pulled over again, pausing in memory of those who died.  

Kobe's and Gianna's blood and ashes are scattered on that hillside, along with those of the pilot and six other passengers.

The crash was so easily avoidable, so unnecessary.




Don't commute by helicopter.

Don't trust someone else with your safety, even a pilot.  Look out for yourself.  

Is there a war breaking out?  (Like the conditions in Tehran when the Boeing 737 was shot down by missiles.)

Does the fog look dangerous?  Make your own decision.  

Note on Feb. 24: Vanessa Bryant files wrongful death lawsuit against Island Express.

Malibu Canyon Road

No comments: