Saturday, May 4, 2019

Throw Out the US Constitution--Don't Amend It


So the House had a hearing on the ERA for the first time in 36 years.

So what.

So Patricia Arquette testified.

So what.

I've had it with the US Constitution.  I've had it with the Electoral College.  

I've had it with dt polluting the White House with his presence.

I worked for the ERA when I was in my twenties.  I'm sure as hell not going to waste my seventies working for the ERA again.

You can take your damned Constitution and tear it to shreds.

On Broadway I saw the play What the Constitution Means To Me written and performed by Heidi Schreck, and at the end she asks the audience to vote on whether to continue trying to amend the Constitution or throw it out and start over writing a new one.

I vote for throwing it out and starting over.  

Don't even talk to me about sweetly testifying to a House committee about pretty please, maybe, could you possibly add an amendment making women equal.

And by the way, replace that stupid mean old spread-eagled eagle holding weapons in one claw and an olive branch in the other.  He's a two-faced eagle that mostly has stood for US imperialism toward other nations, including the first nations who were here when the Pilgrims arrived. 

No comments: