Thirteen people lost their lives. Thirty were wounded.
1. Michael Grant Cahill, 62, of Cameron, Texas
2. Libardo Eduardo Caraveo, 52, of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, a Ph.D. in psychology.
3. Justin M. Decrow, 32, of Evans, Georgia.
4. John Gaffaney, 56, of San Diego.
5. Frederick Greene, 29, of Mountain City, Tennessee.
6. Jason Dean Hunt, 22, of Frederick, Ohio--newly wed.
7. Amy Krueger, 29, of Kiel, Wisconsin.
8. Aaron Thomas Nemelka, 19, of West Jordan, Utah.
9. Michael Pearson, 21, of Bolinbrook, Ill.
10. Russell Seager, 51, of Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin.
11. Francheska Velez, 21, of Chicago--pregnant and recently returned from Iraq.
12. Juanita Warman, 55, of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
13. Kham Xiong, 23, of St. Paul, Minnesota.
See detailed biographies at www.latimes.com/forthood.
Thank you to the brave woman who stopped the killer: Sgt. Kimberly Munley.
I oppose all killing of one human by another--as Albert Einstein did--but I do support using a gun to stop a killer while trying not to kill him.
"My pacifism is an instinctive feeling, a feeling that possesses me because the murder of men is disgusting. My attitude is not derived from any intellectual theory but is based on my deepest antipathy to every kind of cruelty and hatred." — Albert Einstein