Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Julius Jones' life matters

 "I've made mistakes, but I'm not a killer.  I'm not a murderer," says Julius Jones from his jail cell, where he awaits execution tomorrow.

His impending death hangs heavy over this nation.

"That people are only hearing about it today is evidence that black lives don't matter," say many observers.

I didn't hear about it until yesterday.  

Today I called the office of the governor of Oklahoma: 405 521 2342.  You can call too.

My message:

Please tell the governor not to execute Julius Jones.  Give him more time in jail or commute his sentence.  Free him.

The governor could make a terrible mistake that he will regret later.

A life hangs in the balance.

The state of Oklahoma did not allow Julius to hug his mother today, the day before his death.  They have not hugged for 22 years.

Black lives matter.  


No comments: