Thursday, October 29, 2020

Is Jesus a Republican?

 


"Maybe Jesus isn't a Republican," says Alison Siefert, an evangelical in Saginaw, Michigan, who voted for Trump in 2016 but is voting for Biden this year.

She's usually a single-issue voter and has been part of the prolife movement for a long time.

James C. Morrison interviewed her for 1A Across America this week on NPR. Listen to the interview: https://the1a.org/guests/alison-siefert/

"I was probably a liberal Republican--is that even a thing?  I want to support small businesses...but now the core things in the party are to hate the left and this idea of judicial legislation."

"I felt he was cheapening the office of the presidency with his constant name-calling and tweeting."  

"It didn't line up with what Jesus was like--the people that Jesus came to minister to.  It just didn't line up with what I believed about my Lord."

"Single-issue voting to me right now seems very short-sighted," she explains.  "I think we can't hide behind the red skirts any more.  I have a 'Republican Voters Against Trump' sign in my yard that gets knocked down regularly."

Thank you for your courage!  Your ability to express your views is admirable.

"You need to vote like your life depends on it because the nature of our country really does," she concludes.

No comments: