Thursday, November 21, 2019

The Real Impeachment Hearings of Donald Trump Jr.

Impeachment hearing on MSNBC
November 15, 2019

Forget the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, O.C., or anywhere else.

Forget Dallas and Game of Thrones.  

The show I'm glued to is called the Real Impeachment Hearings of Donald Trump Jr.  It's a sequel to Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, the January 2018 best-seller by Michael Wolff.

There have been seven episodes so far, each more riveting than the previous one, with villains, heroes, pimps, punks, and lots of international intrigue.

What I like most is that there are lots of female leading roles:

  • Marie Yovanovitch, ousted ambassador to Ukraine;
  • Jennifer Williams, special adviser on European and Russian affairs to Vice President Pence;
  • Dr. Fiona Hill, former top Russia adviser to the White House, on the National Security Council;
  • Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi;
  • Representative Jackie Speier (D), a member of the Committee on Armed Services and the Intelligence Committee;
  • Representative Elise Stefanik (R), as obnoxious as Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan;
  • Other congresswomen I hadn't heard of before.

The plot keeps me coming back:  will he get impeached? when?  will he get thrown out of office?

I'm hooked because I'm a bit player in the overall story.  In a year I will get to vote for a president of the USA.  Will Trump be on the ballot?  Will he win or be defeated?

My future hangs in the balance, as well as the future of everyone I see on my television screen.

In fact, 14,000 Ukrainians have already lost their lives.  A few Americans have died as well--Heather Heier, those shot in synagogues in Pittsburgh and suburban San Diego, those shot in the Walmart in El Paso by a Trump admirer.

Call me obsessed, but I'm turning on my television at 6 am to watch these hearings.  They make other reality TV look like child's play.


No comments: