Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Feminism & Fluff

I try to support all feminists--even all women except Phyllis Schlafly.

But I wish Jennifer Crumpton had a better subtitle for her book, Femmevangelical.

The Modern Girl's Guide to the Good News????

And what's with the dyed hair and spike heels on the cover?

This isn't the feminism I found in 1968.

I suppose it's how you reach young women now... especially evangelical young women from the south.

http://www.femmevangelical.com/books/

But Jennifer is actually a serious person--with an M.Div. from Union Theological Seminary in New York City.  Here's what is reported about her on the Huffington Post:

Rev. Jennifer Danielle Crumpton spent over a decade as a corporate advertising executive for Fortune 500 brands before graduating with a Master of Divinity in 2011 from Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York. There she immersed into inter-faith dialogue and faith-based social justice, feminist theology, and Christian social and structural ethics. 

Well, more power to her!

I'll try to get over my old-school attitudes.

No comments: