Sunday, November 3, 2013

I never know what to expect when I walk in the door of my church on Sunday morning. 
I-Joen Beer, Sue Mallory, Thomas Beer, Dr. Anderson.

Today it was the pastor of a megachurch in the Washington, D.C., area speaking on Gracism: The Art of Inclusion (which is also the title of his 2007 book published by InterVarsity Press).

https://picasaweb.google.com/102150538747404124091/2013GracismAtBPC

I'd never heard of Dr. David Anderson, but I quickly realized he is a talented public speaker and a profoundly committed Christian with insights I need.

For instance, he coined the word gracism--"what you get when you put God in front of racism."  He defined racism, then defined grace, and then said the answer to racism is grace.

He described founding a church that now includes 4000 members from 52 nations.  He wrote the book on Multicultural Ministry--literally.  His wife is Korean.  

He's on his way to a Mosaic Conference--"a Christian experience for international students" with conferences on the East and West coasts. http://mosaicec.com/

Sue Mallory, a member of Brentwood Presbyterian Church and long-term friend of David invited him to come early to the west coast and visit our church this morning.

Praise the Lord!  Or Lady.  

No comments: