Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Toast?

I don't plan to be anyone's toast.

But my friend Bob maintains, "If McCain were to die in office, we would all be toast."

As the wild ride on Wall Street continues this week, I'm thinking we're toast already, without the help of John McCain and Sarah Palin.

Apparently Bush and his war in Iraq and the insane "leveraging" game played by major US banking and stock management firms will be taking a severe toll on the income and taxes of average Americans economically.

Bob writes on September 16, "I actually believe that potentially, McCain, by continuing fundamental Republican policies/philosophy in an extension of Bush/Cheney, could do much more harm to this country.
* McCain says that he will make the Bush tax cuts permanent.
* He is clearly in favor of appointing Clarence Thomas clones to the Supreme Court. He opposes Roe and will kill it.
* He does not believe in government regulation of the market.
* His concepts about health care and health insurance are positively draconian.
* McCain is indistinguishable from Bush/Cheney. His record clearly establishes that fact.

Don't get me started on that air-head named Palin. If McCain were to die in office, we would all be toast. She is Joe Stalin in pantyhose. You can quote me on that.

I really believe that the Republican goal for this country is to create another version of what Brazil was forty years ago....a tiny percentage of their population holding incomprehensible wealth, and the rest of their population living in squalor with no voice whatsoever.

It will be darn close to the end of the world if McCain wins....at least a world worth living in, here in the US.
"

Well, Bob, you may be right.

But even if all that comes to pass--if injustice prevails, poverty grows, and my own ability to buy food and keep a roof over my head is imperiled--I refuse to succumb emotionally and be toast.

I will continue to enjoy the sunrise and sunset, to appreciate the ocean and mountains, to praise God and work for justice.

No comments: